Skip to content
- Civil discourse is expected. You can attack ideas, you cannot directly attack other posters. Direct insults against others can and will result in deletion of your comments and possible ban of your posting privileges.
- I will not censor comments based on the ideas within the comments. Feel free to speak your mind, so long as you do it politely and intelligently. However, that doesn’t mean that one is welcome to post nonsense. If you are asked to back up your statements, you are expected to do so.
- You are not the moderator here. If you see a comment that specifically violates one of these rules, by all means report it. I appreciate the help. You are not allowed to ask that I ban another user, nor that I delete comments simply because you do not like the content of that comment. If you don’t like what is said, by all means, don’t read it.
- Comments here are specifically meant to relate to posts on this blog. Do not carry over discussions and debates from other blogs. If it applies directly, I don’t mind if you post a link to the other blog or forum. Do not wage a war across the whole of the Internet. Such posts will be immediately deleted and, if continued, the user will be banned.
- Profanity is permitted so long as it is not directed toward anyone else. We are supposed to be adults here. That’s not to say you have an unlimited license to cuss like a sailor just because you feel like it, but I will not censor a comment strictly because it contains some four-letter invective.
- Spam will be immediately deleted. All spammers will be dropped into the block bin, never to be removed. No spam has ever made it past my filters, please save yourself the trouble and don’t bother. Any comment which contains a link to a business site will, at my option, be deleted, or if I think it’s a legitimate comment, have the link deleted.
- All posts must be in English. The overwhelming majority of those who read this blog speak English, it makes no sense to post in other languages. While I don’t play grammar police here, you are expected to at least make an attempt to communicate in proper English. I understand if English isn’t your first language, I will make allowances for those have legitimate reasons, but for people who are just lazy, forget it. You’ll get a warning. “U” is not a word.
- I will warn people once for violating the comment policy. If you continue to violate the rules, or your violation is egregious enough, you will be moved back to moderation status. That means I will hand-moderate every single comment you make for as long as I think it’s necessary. Comments that do not violate the policy will be approved. I have no interest in permanently blocking any legitimate user, I have yet to do so, don’t be the first.
- Please understand, Bitchspot is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am willing to discuss well-intentioned disagreements, but I am the final word on any decision. If you don’t like these rules, by all means, feel free to go elsewhere, or better yet, start your own blog so that you can make the rules.