Sorry I haven’t been around much in the past couple of days but I’ve been slamming my head into a pole for a bit now. I just finished a project that I’ve been working on for a bit, made it perfect and then realized that all the data that I needed for that project… doesn’t work. I have it at the ready, but there’s so many changes from the last system that, in all honesty, it’s easier to manually input all the data that I’ve got than it is to come up with a solution that will modify all of the existing data into something useable.
And that’s frustrating. I just can’t figure out a good way to get from Point A to Point B that isn’t more labor intensive and difficult than just scrapping it all and beginning again.
So if anyone wonders, that’s what I’ve been doing, 8+ hours a day, for the last couple of days and probably for the next week. It doesn’t leave a lot of time for posting pithy commentary but I will try to jump in as often as I can.
Thanks for being understanding.